Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Gingerbread Baby

We enjoy reading "The Gingerbread Baby" by Jan Brett around this time of year and doing gingerbread activities.

This year we used graham crackers, frosting, mini candy canes, and sprinkles to make a gingerbread house.  Our houses never work real well with this method unless I use a glue gun to put the pieces together before hand, but I was going for things we already had in our house.  I didn't use a glue gun before hand and we opted for a flat top house once it kept falling apart on us.  My son still had a blast with the sprinkles (as you can see).
Another different activity we did is making a large gingerbread boy.  I actually wanted to make one just my son's size, but we were a little short on the brown butcher paper so he is a bit smaller.  You could use construction paper to glue or tape eyes, nose, buttons and so forth on.  However, anytime that I can get my son to color or draw and do it happily that is what we go with.
All of my other Gingerbread Activities I have shared before.  You can check out loads of links from posts I have done in the past.
As you can see I have been doing gingerbread stuff since before my current preschool was around. :)

No comments: